Acquisition refers to bringing new customers and users to a website or a mobile application. It simply describes how you find new users and turn them into customers.
Acquisition marketing describes the marketing method of targeting customers who are aware of your product or service and are in the phase of the purchasing decision.
- User Acquisition: Acquisition of new users to your website or app.
- Customer Acquisition: The process of converting new users to customers after their first purchase.
For example, opening an account on an e-commerce site is user acquisition, whereas purchasing an item from the e-commerce site is customer acquisition.
To acquire new customers, marketers use a combination of multiple marketing channels. Some examples of Customer Acquisition Strategies include:
- ASO (App Store Optimization)
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Content Marketing (Blog Posts, Articles, Webinars, E-books, Guides, Infographics, etc.)
- Traditional Media (TV, Radio, Billboard, Print)
- Social Media Paid Ads and Posts
- Influencer Marketing, PR Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Referral Marketing