Conversion rate is the ratio obtained by dividing the total number of conversions by the total number of visitors. It is a metric that provides the measurement of the total process from pre-sale to closing of the sale.
It represents the percentage of website or marketing campaign visitors who completed a desired action, such as making a purchase, filling out a form, subscribing to a newsletter, etc. It is a key metric used in digital marketing and e-commerce to measure the effectiveness of a website or campaign in converting visitors into customers.
A high conversion rate indicates that a higher percentage of visitors are taking the desired action, while a low conversion rate indicates that fewer visitors are completing the desired action.
How to increase conversion rates?
- Improve user experience: A website that is easy to navigate, loads quickly, and is visually appealing can improve the user experience and encourage visitors to stay longer and engage with your content.
- Optimize landing pages: Make sure your landing pages are optimized for the specific audience you’re targeting and include clear calls to action that encourage visitors to take action.
- Use social proof: Social proof, such as customer reviews, testimonials, and trust badges, can increase visitors’ trust in your brand and encourage them to take action.
- Create better content: Create content that speaks to your audience’s pain points and provides value. This can include blog posts, videos, and other types of content that educate and inform visitors.
- Offer incentives: Such as discounts, free trials, and free shipping can encourage visitors to take action and make a purchase.
- Use targeted advertising: Targeted advertising can help you reach the right audience and increase the likelihood of conversions.
- Simplify the checkout process: Make the checkout process as simple and streamlined as possible, with clear instructions and easy-to-use forms.