What is Conversion Rate?
Conversion rate is the ratio obtained by dividing the total number of conversions by the total number of visitors.
The percentage of website or marketing campaign visitors who completed a desired action, such as making a purchase, filling out a form, subscribing to a newsletter, etc., represents a key metric used in digital marketing and e-commerce to measure the effectiveness of converting visitors into customers.
A high rate indicates that a higher percentage of visitors are actively taking the desired action, while a low rate indicates that fewer visitors are completing the desired action.
How to Calculate Conversion Rate
How to Increase Conversion Rate
1. Improve user experience: A website that is easy to navigate, loads quickly, and is visually appealing can improve the user experience and encourage visitors to stay longer and engage with your content.
2. Optimize landing pages: Make sure your landing pages are optimized for the specific audience you’re targeting and include clear calls to action that encourage visitors to take action.
3. Use social proof: Social proof, such as customer reviews, testimonials, and trust badges, can increase visitors’ trust in your brand and encourage them to take action.
4. Create better content: Create content that speaks to your audience’s pain points and provides value. This can include blog posts, videos, and other types of content that educate and inform visitors.
5. Offer incentives: Such as discounts, free trials, and free shipping can encourage visitors to take action and make a purchase.
6. Use targeted advertising: Targeted advertising can help you reach the right audience and increase the likelihood of conversions.
7. Simplify the checkout process: Make the checkout process as simple and streamlined as possible, with clear instructions and easy-to-use forms.