Web Push Notifications
Web push notifications are messages sent to users’ devices via the website.
Even when users are not actively browsing a website, users’ web browsers can still receive brief messages or alerts called web push notifications. Similar to push notifications for mobile apps, these notifications are sent by websites that users have previously subscribed to and show up in real-time on users’ screens.
Web push notifications have the potential to be an effective tool for attracting visitors back to your website, increasing conversion rates, and engaging users. To avoid opt-outs and a bad user experience, it’s crucial to use them strategically and refrain from bombarding users with too many or irrelevant notifications.
Examples of Web Push Notifications
- News Updates: Delivering breaking news alerts or updates on topics of interest to users.
- E-commerce Promotions: Notifying users about sales, discounts, or new products on an online store.
- Content Updates: Alerting users when new blog posts, articles, or videos are published.
- Abandoned Cart Reminders: Reminding users about items left in their shopping carts and encouraging them to complete the purchase.
- Event Reminders: Send reminders about upcoming webinars, events, or appointments.
Why Sending Web Push Notifications Are Important
Web push notifications are crucial because they allow for direct, real-time communication with users even when they aren’t actively using your website. With the help of these notifications, you can keep your audience interested in your content by sending them timely updates and promotions.
They can increase user engagement, bring more visitors back to your website, and ultimately increase conversion rates. Web push notifications provide a practical and efficient channel for sending personalized messages because they can reach users on desktop and mobile devices without the need for an app. However, it’s important to use them wisely, providing pertinent and helpful content to uphold user confidence and prevent notification fatigue.
Web Push Notifications Important Statistics
- On average, the click rate of web push notifications is 12%, which can be improved to 15% through push notification automation. Also, with rich media, it can improve to 18%.