B2B marketing also means Business-To-Business marketing and defines the marketing of services or products to other businesses or organizations.
Compared to B2C marketing which refers to marketing services or products to other people and is oriented toward customers, B2B marketing is more straightforward and informational. B2B marketing can take different forms:
Software-as-a-service (SaaS): Software-based B2B businesses are generally online and almost every business use subscription-based plans for its customers.
- Finance & Finance Services
- Marketing & Sales
- Real Estate
- Food & Bevageres
B2B vs. B2C: What’s The Difference?
In terms of the target audience, B2B targets other companies that can benefit from their services. On the other hand, B2C targets and markets to consumers directly.
Examples of companies that focus on B2B include Ad Agencies, Office Furniture Manufacturers, Software Companies focusing on software development for other businesses, etc. Examples of companies that focus on B2C include Restaurants, hotels, retail stores, shops, etc.
B2B companies use special industry jargon and terms when it comes to communicating with their customers, while B2C focuses on a more common language that everyone can understand easily.
B2B industries mostly look for more professional expertise while B2C mostly focuses on entertainment. Last but not least, B2B companies’ decision-making process can take a lot of time rather to B2C companies. Because the consumers of B2C companies mostly do not need a lot of time to make a decision.
Facts About B2B Marketing
- Decision-Makers prefer to get their information from articles rather than ads.
- Marketing with a clear purpose and strategy is your key to long-term success.
- The most effective paid advertising tactics are on search engines and social media.
- 52% of B2B buyers say that they’re “definitely” more likely to buy from a brand once they’ve read the B2B company’s content, which makes it crucial for B2B brands to invest in their marketing content (Marketing Charts).